Hmm, I guess Barkov. I want to see more of Barkov and his development and how he’ll play with whoever we draft or whoever we trade the pick for. I’m excited to see all the young guys take over the team basically haha.
The one that’s the icon of the tag is from when he played in the world juniors like 3-4 years ago haha here’s the video though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgoVSFiak1k
I haven’t heard of him doing an interview with the score but if he did, I haven’t seen it anywhere. Was it recent or during the season?
What I mean when I say “I can’t do that”- Anxiety Version:
- I am unable to do that
- I am too stressed out to do that
- I cannot face the humiliation of attempting to do that
- My body will physically not allow me to do that
- I am on the verge of a panic attack
- I can not do that
What people hear:
- I am unwilling to do that
- I am just shy
- I am overreacting
- I am lazy
- I need to get more experience in social situations to help my anxiety
- I need a push
- I don’t want to do that
Inspired by X
It was a random and fair draw, quit your bitching. We sucked, we deserve a top pick just as much as the other teams did. I have a feeling any and all of this hatred comes from the entitled northerners who feel hockey only belongs in the North. Stop being snotty, get your head out of your ass, and enjoy the fucking sport.
You know, I was going to look past this because it was the first night of the playoffs and I was actually enjoying myself. But then I remembered that you tagged “Buffalo Sabres” specifically and I thought to myself “Hey, he obviously wants to be an asshole to a fanbase that after a year of losing their best and most cherished players, losing 51 games including 10 loses in overtime and having an overall shitty year” would be a wonderful idea. Especially over a draft lottery that’s pretty much ridiculous in the way that it can rob the worst team of a very good chance to get better.
If you’re going to bother to call us “snotty” at least get your facts straight. First Niagara Centre is filled with fans who are always looking for a game out of their team regardless of how good or bad they are. We come out every night just to support the team we fucking grew up with. If you’re going to say that our heads are up our asses, at least we’re still all cheering on despite losing three captains in two years, our franchise goaltender who’d been with our team for a decade and a handful of very good players because a GM refused to negotiate a contract with any of them. We help out our neighbors, support our team in any way we can and we’re generally nice people in Buffalo, Until of course you piss us off.
If you’re going to say that we’re “ entitled northerners who feel hockey only belongs in the North” you’re dead wrong. Hockey is a sport that goes far and wide. For fucks sake we all watched the Olympics and cheered out our players as they played for countries we’d hardly ever known of. Zemgus Girgensons on Team Latvia? We hardly knew their team but we fucking cheered them on like there was no tomorrow. It’s not a matter of where the game is, it’s a matter of who’s playing it. The anger isn’t because hockey’s being played in Flordia. You obviously don’t understand shit.
Florida didn’t deserve the top pick, they did marginally better than Buffalo, Your fanbase didn’t get the shit end of the stick time and again as a reward for their faith. The worst team should get a consolation prize in the least, and if you try to counter that, I will call you a cunt because that is what you are. For fucks sake it was unfair that Edmonton got the 1st pick three years in a row when they weren’t last. I’ll admit that.
But do me a favor. Do not insult the Buffalo Sabres fans just because we’re angry. Do not insult us because of where we come from.You obviously don’t know a damned thing about what it is to be a hockey fan if you have to use where a person comes from as an insult. So do all of us in Buffalo a favor and shut the hell up because you shouldn’t have opened your mouth in the first place.
I’m really not trying to get into this but I think what bothers us Panther fans the most is last year, we suffered through the season, ended up dead last, and we got jumped too! We got robbed of the first pick. And we were mad, yeah. So I get where you’re coming from. But insulting the team that does get it isn’t going to do anything. And i’ll be honest, it hasn’t been many fans but enough to rile some Panther fans up. Like on NHL.com and a few in the tag, one said “Fuck the Panthers” or something. There’s no reason to hate on a team and give them your all saying they should be relocated, why do we even have a team, we don’t belong in the NHL etc etc. And op isn’t calling all Buffalo fans snotty, just the ones that were hating. He’s saying that the ones that ARE hating are ‘probably’ the few “entitled northerners who feel hockey only belongs in the North”. He’s not calling the entire Sabres fanbase snotty and saying they all think that way. To be honest, he didn’t even say Buffalo fans, he said “people” but tagged it as Buffalo Sabres, which wasn’t smart to be honest i’ll admit lol. But to say we didn’t deserve the first pick…..eh. That’s something to take up with the league to be honest, it’s a lottery for a reason. We got fucked last year, so I get it I do. Second isn’t bad either, heck, look what we got! Barkov is an amazing player. But our fanbase did get the shit end of the stick time and time again despite our faith. Just because you have a few more losses than us doesn’t counter our failure. That’s like saying you can’t have problems unless you’re a starving child in Africa, just saying. 29th is still pretty fucking bad if you ask me lol.
I agree that their friendship is really cute and I enjoy very much the fact that Markstrom is getting between them, it’s hilarious hahaha
3. Best NHL rivalry: Hmm, I can’t seem to pick one but if I had to, I really enjoy watching Penguins/Flyers. Close second is Bruins/Canadiens.
6. As of right now, who do you think is going to win the Vezina?: Rask.
10. Favourite playoff moment: Biased but I can’t pick any other so my favorite playoff moment that i’ve experienced is our first playoff win in 15 years or something like that 2 years ago. Just an incredible experience to be there and feel on top of the world no matter how small a “playoff win” sounds to others lol.
19. A player you’ve never really understood the appeal of: Tim Thomas, for sure. Sorry, I just don’t get it. (Oh Carol, you did this on purpose :P)
24. Do you think shootouts have a place in the game?: No. I really don’t like them, and that’s not just because my team isn’t the best at them haha. I feel that it’s a talent vs skills competition and there should be another way to decide the game if needed.
28. Best food to eat while watching hockey: Depends if i’m at a game or watching from home haha if i’m at the game, the BB&T Center turkey sandwiches are my life. And if i’m at home, definitely pizza.
29. If you could have any goalie on your team, who would it be?: Psh, please, do I even have to say it? (José Theodore lol)
35. Lundqvist or Brodeur?: Lundqvist.
40. The thing that bugs you most about the sport, the fans, or the players: The thing that bugs me most about the sport is how misunderstood it is by non-hockey fans. They think it’s all about fighting and the players are all old dudes with no teeth and giant scars all over their faces. Yes, some players have been through more than others. But that’s not what the sport is about. The thing that bugs me most about the fans is sore winners, I know this all too often being a Panther fan lol.
Thank you, Carol for keeping me busy while i’m going through this awful stomach bug haha :)